Monday, 8 September 2008

Day 2

I really will come up with more original headings for these entries eventually. So today, got up, had some food, went to my first class. International Politics of Humanitarian Action. Professor is young and really nice; pregnant too. She's front loading the course so that it'll be less material while we're gearing up for finals. Not complaining. After last year, the workload (while not easy because it's Middlebury), is pretty straightforward for that class. One thing LSE did was actually remind me that learning can be fun instead of a huge strain. I am grateful for that, granted some of last year's reading bored me to tears - read "this is a absolutely irrelevant piece," or "economic huh what?" However, I picked out (beyond the essentials) what I was interested in - and let me tell you, that hands off approach was nice enough once I adjusted. Now being back here is just challenging. I mean it's nice to have something set to work off of because oh hey I'm a creature of habit. Logic on the other hand begs me to remember how nice it was to read about what you wanted to read about. Not sure exactly.

Feeling a little removed from people I know still, but this goes away over time, or so I'm told. Roosevelt stuff is about to start keeping me very very busy, thank goodness. Irish dance rehersals are on Sunday from 1-3 (only school related thing I'm doing on Sundays). Goal is work butt off on Saturday and have much relaxation and liberty time on Sunday (GREs only), until Midterms are right around the corner. Most of my papers for previously mentioned class are response ones, horray!

Economics, micro to be precise, oh gag me. Math, lots of math = tarsi so screeeeeeeeeewed. Prays to the Gods for help. Lots and lots of help. sniffles and sniffles.

American Presidency tomorrow with Matt Dickinson, makes me so happy, what a class (and then some). Then a senior seminar with advisor's husband. Okay so that's midd stuff (and some Roosevelt stuff)...more on that to come.

What's left? Oh election stuff, unfortunately for tonight, not much as my 20 minute "study break" is rapidly drawing to a close. I will say McCain's pick for a VP has me (and like half the nation) worried. She's got appeal I will grant you (all conservatives you) that. I would just like to encourage McCain to stop criticizing Obama's inexperience, if he dies (and he's old and you know has had health problems) she's in charge...and at the mercy of those who've been in power the last eight years. Just F****** great. Okay and now I've really got to go back to work.

No comments: