Oh hey so here's something funny...
I am not particularly stressed, frustrated, and rather unimpressed at times, but not stressed. Frustrations? With most of the culture at Middlebury that somehow trains us to be too self-important. Not necessarily boosting our esteem, but really, just giving us this impression that we are (maybe it's true) the cream of the crop and therefore we're allowed to self-obsess and talk about ourselves until we bore people to tears. That would be in the unimpressed part of the above. Me, entirely unimpressed by that constant yapping. Okay and here I continue, realizing how utterly snobby and self-important I am now going to sound....ready set action.
It is surprising how much people here can talk without saying anything new or exciting. It is amazing how little I truly care about what's being said. It is also amazing how long my London attitude of "dude I like having a life" has lasted into this school year. I mean seriously :)
I am not overtired, I am somehow not overworked, I am just me. Do I have every page read for classes, well yes mostly I do. Is Roosevelt busy and manageable? Yes it is. Can I watch movies from time to time and go out for drinks on the weekend? Yes....
Am I still mentoring, of course....will Irish be taking up a little sunday time, yes....for sure.
So, the stress level might change when I no longer have weekends as free to stay caught up. But If I can continue to buckle down and get shit done, and continue to be inspired and bring a healthy attitude towards my own choices, well who knows.
On the flip side, between the job hunt, and a weekend thing coming up in Burlington and a weekend in NYC in October, and papers and midterms and job fairs, and winter internship applications and research/senior project planning, okay I'm not stressing. I swear. And it's back to work.
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment