Sunday, 21 September 2008

Roosevelt

So my job with the Roosevelt Institution is keeping me busy, or also known as "on the phone." A lot. Yikes, about two hours today. It's totally worth it, my chapters really do love me and they actually follow up when I ask them to, shocking.

So I can't post much right now because oh hey: I have work because I am a full time college student in senior year with lots of "stuff" to do!

However, I am going to post links to Roosevelt news stories here, and when I have time, write about some cool new developments in more detail. Today's update: The healthcare journal "Roosevelt Rx" was launched in the Senate Hart building in DC. About sixty people showed up including legislative assistants and of course the Kennedy Office loves us and took some of our other publications back to their office. I'd love to say it was me that did this, but really it was the national organization (and maybe me talking it up a bit in a few conversations). We're also going to be mentioned in the American Public Health Association's next publication (I am pretty sure) and so that's awesome. Our next journal "Think International" is going to be launched on October 17th at Columbia University (and I'm heading down that same weekend for the national staff retreat which will be awesome).

So here's the recent news link and more to come on exciting Roosevelt events and developments. Also, I know I included US politics in the title and I haven't forgotten. It's just that between everything going on here at Midd and being away on a leadership retreat, I haven't had time to analyze how I feel about the news. So, that aside, I hope to do some more election coverage this week. You'll have to make do with Roosevelt for now.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/campaign-americas-future-co-director-roger/story.aspx?guid=%7B15A9FE13-22C4-4E94-8A92-4DFAC2704498%7D&dist=hppr

The publication mentioned in the article can be seen below:

http://newprogressivevoices.org/

No comments: