Sunday, 7 September 2008

First day back

Well, I'm back at Middlebury. It's kind of crazy.
I don't really know people here, mostly because I've been away for so long. Also, I've moved into Ross Commons, and moved into a suite. My roommate is awesome though, I love her. I've unpacked, eaten at the Grille, been down to Carol's cafe. And so on, a whole at Midd with little work...except for an email (that I got on my blackberry at 9AM on a Sunday of all things), from my poli sci professor (whose approval I crave), saying "welcome back, I want to dive right in as it is an exciting year - election - to be studying the presidency. Therefore read all of 13 days before class. thanks." More or less. I was like, okay I read it over the summer, hahahah. But I did re-read it today, with a few reading notes on the side.

I judge people here, lots of people just kind of annoy me, but my friends make me happy. I just got so used to hanging out on my own in London - now it's a bit of a challenge to be back in such a tight knit community because I'm so overwhelemed by the constant socializing. I'm trying to balance things so I can get the best of both worlds. Then of course Roosevelt Institution life will be prominent, and the Irish club, and Xenia house events and mentoring. Busy. Kind of not sure how to think about it. Basically I need instant mac and cheese and a bottle of white wine in the fridge and wine glasses. I'll be good to go.

Time for beddy bye night night. Going for a run every day.

No comments: